Pages


Monday, January 30, 2012

God's Special Love For Us - The Good Shepherd

Circle Time
            Opening prayer

            Hello song.

Introduction to Bible Lesson

Each one of us is very special to God. Last week we learned that God loves us so much.  We learned that we are like lost sheep and lost coins and that God will not stop calling us because he loves us.

Jesus says that he is the Good shepherd and that he takes care of his sheep. This means that he loves and takes care of you.

                       

Bible Lesson

One day Jesus said to his disciples, “If a man sneaks over the fence to get into a sheep pen, he probably is a thief. IF he calls the sheep, they won’t come to him because he is a stranger. His voice frightens them and they run away. But the real shepherd enters through the gate and when he calls his sheep, he uses their names and they know his voice.

I am the good shepherd. I know each of my sheep and they know me. I am also the gate. Those who come through me will be saved and have everything they need.

"Sometimes a man is hired to watch over the sheep," continued Jesus. "But this man does not own these sheep and he does not really care about them. He just -works to get paid. If a wolf comes in the middle of the night, the man runs away! And the wolf attacks the sheep and scatters the flock. The man doesn't even care–because they're not his sheep.

"But I am the good shepherd," said. Jesus. "And I lay down My life for My sheep.

"My Father loves Me, and I gladly lay down My life for My sheep. Even though He has told Me to do this, I do it because I want to. No man will take My life from Me. Instead, I give it freely.

"And after I lay down My life, My Father has given Me the power to take it back again."

This is so wonderful because we know that Jesus truly loves each and every one of us. He loves us so much that he was willing to give his life for us to protect us from hell and bring us to heaven.

Crafts

1.      Lamb Paper Plate Craft

Materials: paper plate, glue, foam cutouts, cotton balls

Have the children put together the craft using glue.


Snack Time

Circle Time

            Song 1 – Theme song “God Made Me Special”

            Song 2 – God made me

            Book  - “the good Samaritan”

God Made Me Special Activities

1.      Friendship Paper doll chain

Materials: precut paper doll chain, markers

Children color the paper doll chain while listening to the story

Closing

                        Closing prayer
Virtue to work on: Helping others.

No comments:

Post a Comment